Android Marshmallow is the newest Android operating system to hit the globe. It still sports the Material Design that was introduced in Android Lollipop, albeit, has new features that expands from its predecessor.
The beauty of the Android operating system is that it allows you full control of your Android mobile phone. You can change the theme, the home screen, the keyboard, and anything that you have in mind. This, I think, is one of the best things you can do with a mobile phone.
Although the iPhone is great, it is basically a more restricted operating system. That is why I love the Android mobile phone platform more than the iOS.
In this article, I will share with you 5 Android Marshmallow tips and tricks you can do to unlock the full potential of the newest Android operating system. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
- Enabling the Developer Settings- The developer settings is a group of configurations that Google doesn’t want you to tinker. That is because some of the settings in the developer options can be detrimental to the device (if not set in its optimal parameters). If you know what you’re doing and you want to unlock the Developer settings, just go to the settings and then go to “About phone”. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the Build Number 7 times. After tapping it 7 times, a prompt will tell you that you’ve now unlocked the developer settings.
- Flappy Android- There was this game before that took the world by storm: Flappy birds! A lot of people tried the app and although it was enjoyable, some people just cannot get the hang of it. If you want to replay the game, a Google version of the game has been released. All you have to do is go to the Settings menu and then go to About Phone. Tap the Android Version a couple of times and you should be greeted with the Flappy bird…Google edition!
- Stop new apps from populating your Home Screen- It is very annoying to have newly installed apps populating your home screen without your consent. Unfortunately, this option is turned on by default (why the heck, Google!?). Fortunately, you can turn this feature off. Just go to your Play Store app and head on to the app’s settings. When in the settings menu, uncheck the “Stop adding new app icons to Home screen”.
- Control different app permissions- There is a cool new feature introduced in Android Marshmallow in that you can toggle individual app permissions. You can do this by heading to the app settings menu and select “Permissions”. You can then uncheck all of the permissions you don’t want the app to do (like automatic syncing, for example).
- Expand notifications by pinching it- There is a cool feature normally found in Apple’s mobile phones and that is to expand the notifications area by pinching it. That feature was introduced in Android Marshmallow. If you have a lot of notifications, you can simply pinch it and it will allow you to see all of them in a neat and convenient way.
There you have it. These are the top 5 Android Marshmallow tips for Android mobile phones. If you have an Android mobile phone with the latest Android Marshmallow operating system, be sure to check these tips and tricks out!